1/17/08

The Reality of Serving

Though I have a great admiration for the Apostle Paul' s writing, I look and say to myself that I do not want to be him. He was an amazing dude that had insight and wisdom, far beyond anything that I can imagine in myself at this moment in my life. But as I read his story through the different letters he wrote I am rocked off the fact that he never spoke about quitting. He would say "I have fought the good fight" (2 Tim. 4:7)or "for whom I suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung".( Phil. 3:8).

These are the words that Paul spoke about the things that he endured as he trekked through his life with God. It is amazing to me that Paul speaks with so much confidence in God when so many bad things are rocking his world. He is beaten, almost killed and many other things but he continues to be consumed by the majesty of the Lord. He looks at it as if it is a privilege to suffer for Christ. What a brand to have associated with you?

This serves as a reminder that walking with the Lord will cause you at times to be in a stage of suffering every once an a while. The fact of the matter is that God gets the glory out of the situation and you reap the benefits. This is a easier said than done task but it holds true. As the old mothers in the baptist church used to say" even when you can't trace him you have to trust him." Wow, what wisdom is found it that statement.

I am forever rocked off the word of God.

Just my thoughts

No comments: